FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

5 Dec 2017

Shimmy That Shimmer

Getting that glow this festive season is a big thing for me. Winter is well known for its skin dulling properties, I mean, all the heat from the radiators, and then going outside into the frostbitten world? My lips are chapping at the thought of it.

So, I thought I would do a little blog post on what under foundation products I use to maintain glowy, dewey skin all year round.

Tany Burr Face Illuminator
I purchased this last year as part of a Tanya Burr haul, and I am so glad I did. It's quite subtle and it can even be worn on bare skin for a makeup no makeup free day.. if you get me?

Benefit's High Beam
I love dual use products. You only need a little drop of this mixed in with your foundation but it's main use is a highlighter.

MAC's Strobe Cream
I love the effect of this product, although it really isn't suitable for my combination/oily skin. I find I have to use quite a lot of powder to mattify, therefore defeating the purpose of it all together.

MAC's Prep & Prime Natural Radiance
My thoughts on this are pretty much the same as the Strobe Cream. If you have dryer skin, then this is the one for you. I have always felt that MAC make all their primers with dryer skin in mind.. There's literally no hope for the greasy.

YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer
Another very subtle product. Admittedly I didn't really see an amazing difference, but the little glittery particles in it give me hope that it's secretly making me an extra in the next Twilight movie (Come on! There's SO going to be another one..)

Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector
I bought Becca's Glow on the Go set on this years summer holiday to Bergerac. You can see my full haul here and here. I love just placing a few strategically placed dots of this product on my face to apply with my foundation. It's fabulous for evenings out and the occasional Christmas party, or two.

(Top to bottom: Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector - Benefit's High Beam - Tanya Burr Face Illuminator)

Love, Jo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig