FLOURISH & BLOTTING

beauty, travel & lifestyle

1 Dec 2017

Budget Friendly Christmas Photography

I thought the best way to kick start Blogmas was to talk you through my budget Christmas blogging props, and how achievable it is to get the most perfectly festive Instagram feed.

I like to keep things quite traditional, as in; reds, golds and greens. One year I would love to mix it up and go a bit more out there but I just can't! I seem to always gravitate towards the classic colours.

Foliage
You can do this bit as cheaply as you want, from buying fake sprigs in the supermarket, to cuttings from your local park. Foliage can also range from a poinsettia if you fancy a bit of colour, to the browns of pine cones and glitter twigs.

Candles
My favourites this year are from B&M Bargains. They are cheap and smell amazing when burning, and just look at that packaging too!

Washi Tape
I got two sets from Aldi of all places, a gold and a red. Not only will they look lovely in photographs but I can also wrap my presents with it!

Chocolate Coins
Or just any kind of chocolate gets a thumbs up from me. I love chocolate coins though, they remind me of my childhood, so every Christmas I always have them around the house.

Fake Snow
I'm not exactly sure where I purchased this from but I know it was relatively cheap, and it's available from most supermarkets.

Mini Baubles
I bought these from a shop in London called Flying Tiger. I was in retail heaven - they literally had anything you could have ever wanted at amazing prices. 

Bows & Wrapping
Ribbons and bows are another of my festive favourites and serve a dual purpose too.


Confetti
This is always a big one for me. Believe me, you can find confetti to match any occasion. I always think it adds an extra dimension of sparkliness to photos. This year I have gone for stars, gold and multicoloured. 

Beauty Products 
Red lipsticks, glitter and gold nail varnishes are a must. I guess this is more if you have a more beauty orientated theme.

Fluffy Blankets
Anything with fluff, pompoms or a nordic print are perfect for this time of year. I have both because you can never have enough throws.

Magazines
Dreaming of the home I will never be able to afford is a big hobby of mine. I love looking through home magazines and designing the perfect home. This being said, the closest I will ever get to owning my dream home is by using the 'payload' cheat on The Sims. Despite this, magazines are perfect for 'cluttering up' a photo and making it more festive.

Love, Jo
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig