17 May 2017

Simple Spring Living Room Updates

I wanted the living to be as bright and airy as possible, so again I stuck to Dulux Timeless (this colour ran throughout the house) and went for a Dulux Egyptian Cotton feature wall, sort of like a light taupe? It definitely softens up the room and makes it a bit less clinical.

For the feature wall I bought this timeless set of picture frames from Next. They were a bit on the pricey side, but £50 for 5 only works out as £10 each which seems pretty reasonable to me. I love gallery walls but I really don't have the time to scout out picture frames that will match and look as nice as these ones do.

I also bought this gorgeous mirror from Marks & Spencer which catches the light from the window and brightens the whole room up. (We still need to buy a new front door as the one we have at the minute is pretty drafty and darn right ugly)

The sofa isn't new and was one of our first house purchases from Laura Ashley. The butterfly print cushions are homemade by my mother-in-law.

Nothing says bright and airy like flowers. I bought this artificial orchid from Ikea because I am literally the grim reaper when it comes to plants. Also featured is my Cogsworth Clockpineapple lamp from Laura Ashley and a framed photo of my first baby taken by me.

I also bought this beautiful rug from Ikea which I featured in my Spring Interiors Wishlist blog post. It is so soft and easy to maintain which is what you want from a rug.

And that's it for the living room.

Love, Jo.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig